FORT WAYNE, Ind. (ADAMS) – City Utilities has now lifted a precautionary boil advisory for three areas of the City.
Thursday night, a vehicle struck a high-voltage power line and knocked out power to the Three Rivers Water Filtration Plant. The plant’s high service pumping system responded appropriately. However, distribution system pressure did drop due to this event, and as a precaution, City Utilities contacted the Indiana Department of Environmental Management to advise them of the situation and the issuance of a boil advisory for three parts of the City.
The advisory affected the following locations:
• North Boundary: Washington Center Rd
• West Boundary: Hillegas Rd
• South Boundary: Spring Street: State Street: Hillegas to Sherman, Vance (extended): Sherman to Parnell
• East Boundary: Parnell Ave
• North Boundary: Pontiac St
• West Boundary: Fairfield Ave
• South Boundary: Paulding Rd
• East Boundary: Hessen Cassell
• North Boundary: Airport Expressway
• West Boundary: Smith Rd
• South Boundary: Ferguson Rd
• East Boundary: Airport Drive
City Utilities said they collected and tested samples of water throughout the affected areas in the distribution system to make sure the system is clear.