FORT WAYNE, Ind. (ADAMS) – It took crews from the Fort Wayne Fire Department just under 15 minutes to gain control of a fire off Drexel Avenue.
Just after midnight, a 911 caller reported a candle had started a fire in his bedroom as he slept. Two minutes later, fire department units arrived at 2812 Drexel Avenue to find smoke and fire from a bedroom window. A 17-year-old and his dog had already made it safely outside.
The home suffered moderate smoke, water, and fire damage.
The FWFD was assisted by the FWPD, TRAA, NCE, NIPSCO, AEP & Red Cross.